I am not ashamed to say that my wardrobe is mainly full of the following colours: Black, Gold and Wine Red (or similar tones).
I'm completely obsessed by how these rich colours work together, so imagine my delight screams of joy when I first discovered a few months ago, that opulent baroque styles would be trending this Autumn/Winter.
Clockwise from top left: The Palais Garnier, Tim Walker, a self portrait taken a few years ago and D&G's recent collection.
Normally trends pass me by, and I couldn't really imagine ANYONE keeping up with every trend (which would mean a whole new wardrobe over 4 times a year), but the good thing about this is that affordable copies are everywhere.
I was particularly looking forward to the offerings of ASOS and River Island, after having seen some preview images.
River Island's offerings that I've been checking back every day hoping they come into stock... (Image on the left from Whisty) Apparently the jacket is coming tomorrow, unsure about the shorts.
But here's a few of the pieces I've already bought!
Clockwise from top left: Slightly tacky baroque jumper (BUT IT'S SO WARM) from River Island, Red velvet with faux fur jacket from Rare, beautiful embellished collar from River Island, gold spangly bodysuit from Rare.
(EDIT: I just received the gold bodysuit, which is poorly made to say the least... however it was fairly cheap. I'll need to exchange it for a smaller size, but even then, the padding in the cups is bizarre, and the sequins scratch at the inside leg!)
And what about my lust list?
Upon compiling this list, I realised that there are reasons as to why I haven't already bought these items (I'm really awful, if I see something, I have to buy it... so I often try to think of ANY reason why I don't NEED it).
Clockwise from top left:
1. OASAP High Waistling Backless Tapered Dress - Prize for the most useless title! I love the look of this, but I'm wary of the quality.
2. ASOS Petite Exclusive Embellished Leotard - I have not bought this for various reasons, but one being that I'm PISSED OFF with ASOS. This was meant to come in a short bodysuit style, and I had been checking ASOS every day for it to come into stock. No show. It was even in their magazine but not on their website (the biggest, and most irritating mistake for a customer). When I saw this version come in, I emailed them to ask them about the short version, and received a pretty useless automated reply asking me to check the rest of ASOS' items for something similar. Another reason why I've not bought this is that it's made for 5'3 and under, which I am not. I have considered buying a size up and hoping it stretches to my height, but at £75 that seems ridiculous.
3. Topshop Drape Choker Necklace - I love the look of this, but I can't bring myself to spend £45 on a necklace.
4. River Island Black Flower Embroidered Cape - Cute, and affordable. I'll probably get this soon.
5. River Island Red Tapestry Satchel - My opinion of bags (and shoes) is that I will not replace one until the current bag has completely fallen apart. I get attached to my bags, and right now my one is pretty... despite the fact that the lining has fallen apart inside. I think I'd have to see this bag instore to figure out if all my things would fit in it (if it can fit a book of Game of Thrones and all my junk in comfortably, then we have a winner).
6. ASOS Premium Knicker Shorts - Cute, but I prefer the River Island ones shown above!
Are you enjoying the baroque trend? Which items do you have your eye on?